The Continuous Craft Show

What joy in showing off a recently finished craft! What relief in finding someone who can help you work out a crafting problem! Joy, relief, pride, grief - let's exhibit them all here as we share crafts in all forms. Food, paper, wool, glass, metal - whatever the medium, we can show our finished projects and our works in progress, as well as share advice and feedback.

Name:

“I’ve learned the camera well—the danger of it, the half-truths it can tell, but also the way it fastens us to our pasts, makes grand the unadorned moment.” - Letters from Storyville, December 1911

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Christina's Works in Progress

I'm going to try to post pictures in the next few days, but to get the ball rolling I thought I'd just post what I'm working on now.

First, I'm almost finished knitting some baby drawstring leggings out of some blue yarn I got off ebay (frankfurt ave has cheap but pretty blends on there all the time).

I'm also trying to finish the bag that I knit out of grey wool and felted - I wanted to shave it to make it look nice, and to put a magnetic snap closure on. But, I'm scared of cutting the wool to put in the snap, and I can't find a sweater razor to shave the bag - so that one may be a couple of days.

I'm also starting work on a tatting a receiving blanket for Lucas (Vin's soon to be born son) and sewing an elephant to coordinate with it.

And, in food-related crafting, I'm making little egg cakes for an Easter dinner this weekend using Wilson oval baking pans - I'm thinking of experimenting with fondant, but I'm kind of scared of it.

How pie in the sky is all of this? Lord knows when it will all get done (by any deadline whatsoever) but I think most of us have a lot of things we'd like to be doing at the moment, so we'll just see what I end up getting done and when.

What are you all working on, or thinking about starting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home