The Continuous Craft Show

What joy in showing off a recently finished craft! What relief in finding someone who can help you work out a crafting problem! Joy, relief, pride, grief - let's exhibit them all here as we share crafts in all forms. Food, paper, wool, glass, metal - whatever the medium, we can show our finished projects and our works in progress, as well as share advice and feedback.

Name:

“I’ve learned the camera well—the danger of it, the half-truths it can tell, but also the way it fastens us to our pasts, makes grand the unadorned moment.” - Letters from Storyville, December 1911

Friday, April 06, 2007

An Easter Craft for Grace

I saw these bunny beanbags and wanted to make some for Grace for her Easter basket. They were so cute! And, I reckoned, pretty simple to make. I traced the circles out of felt (brown or white for the top, a contrasting color for the bottom). I made a little pattern for the ears and cut those out of the contrast color, too. Then I stitched the ears on the top layer, embroidered some eyes, and made a pompom to sew on for the tail. The bunnies got stitched together and stuffed with polofin pellets. Points taken away because those pellets are supposed to be used only for decorative items, not played with items, but Grace will play with these in my sight and as you know, she's not one to put things in her mouth anyway.

Here are my half dozen bunnies, all finished and put to bed in their little grass lined box.

Detail of the ears and eyes.

And the wee tail -- I used the handle of a spatula to wind around to make these. It's about an inch wide.

My little rabbits. I call them Sleepy, Devil Bunny, Halloweenie, Tropicana, Angel Bunny and Chocolata. I had way too much time on my hands during the stitching, that's all I can say about that. Possibly I am losing it from lack of sleep.

Then I covered a box in felt to put them in -- here's the lid, with a stuffed bunny attached to the top. These were easy to make and so adorable! If I do say so myself :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

These bunnies, including the box, are just so, so dear! I love their round shape,I love their careful stitching...they are six little wonders. :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Amy Kuczewski said...

Now I do really HAVE to go buy some felt, because these are just ADORABLE. You did a great job!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home