The Continuous Craft Show

What joy in showing off a recently finished craft! What relief in finding someone who can help you work out a crafting problem! Joy, relief, pride, grief - let's exhibit them all here as we share crafts in all forms. Food, paper, wool, glass, metal - whatever the medium, we can show our finished projects and our works in progress, as well as share advice and feedback.

Name:

“I’ve learned the camera well—the danger of it, the half-truths it can tell, but also the way it fastens us to our pasts, makes grand the unadorned moment.” - Letters from Storyville, December 1911

Thursday, April 13, 2006

two sweaters by Cyndie

So here are two sweaters, one old and one new.



The first is from a pattern in Stitch and Bitch Nation, by Debbie Stoller. Its called Lucky, and its knit in laceweight cotton yarn that I recycled from a thrift store sweater (a great way to get fun yarn for only a dollar or two!) . I knit it last summer, and it took forever, but I love it!

The second sweater is one that is still in progress...I am making up the pattern as I go along. The yarn is from knitpicks.com (a great website for high quality, lower priced yarn), and it is sport weight merino wool. The plan is for it to be a hooded, cabled cardigan that shuts with a zipper (requiring sewing skils that I don't really have...we'll see how it goes). So far I have the back and one side of the front done, and I am about two thirds done with the second front. If anyone has any suggestions for how the sleeves should look, please share! They are up next to be knitted, and I don't really have a plan for how they should look.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

These are such beauties - I'm just in awe. It must be that gauge thing, huh? Are you sewing the sides directly in to the back? It looks like it, which seems a clever way to do it, but I've never seen that.

Also, my vote for sleeves would be to have two little cables running down them, otherwise in stockinette. I like the little cables to the side of the front, and on the sleeves one could go off center to the front, and one off center to the back. Maybe.

Thanks for posting - these just look so cool!
~Christina

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home