The Continuous Craft Show

What joy in showing off a recently finished craft! What relief in finding someone who can help you work out a crafting problem! Joy, relief, pride, grief - let's exhibit them all here as we share crafts in all forms. Food, paper, wool, glass, metal - whatever the medium, we can show our finished projects and our works in progress, as well as share advice and feedback.

Name:

“I’ve learned the camera well—the danger of it, the half-truths it can tell, but also the way it fastens us to our pasts, makes grand the unadorned moment.” - Letters from Storyville, December 1911

Monday, June 12, 2006

coast to coast socks


Thought I'd post a picture of the socks that have been making their way from coast to coast...I knit one in Ravena and in Washington DC last summer, and then Christina valiantly jumped in and made the second in LA this spring - they are truly a wonder, and I love them! (pay no attention to the ends that I have not yet woven in...I'll get to it.)

Right now I am working on finishing the black cabled sweater that I posted about a while back...I am done with the collar and hood, and now have only the sleeves left to go! I also knit a red cardigan sweater for my friend amanda's 21st birthday, and am experimenting with free style knitting. I like the idea of it...you cast on as much as you like, increase and decrease and pick up stitches in whatever pattern, wherever, and knit many different swatches like this, then hodge-podge them all together. It is fun and a good way to experiment with new stitches/use up odds and ends of yarn. I am thinking of making a bag with the swatches when alls said and done, but who knows whether it will actually be usable :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hooray for coast to coast socks!! I see they're a little loose at the ankle-- probably because I was trying them on as I was figuring out gauge, and stretched them out for your svelte legs! I washed my pair up and they constricted just a little bit, so maybe yours will, too.

Can't wait to see sweater progress!
-christina

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home