The Continuous Craft Show

What joy in showing off a recently finished craft! What relief in finding someone who can help you work out a crafting problem! Joy, relief, pride, grief - let's exhibit them all here as we share crafts in all forms. Food, paper, wool, glass, metal - whatever the medium, we can show our finished projects and our works in progress, as well as share advice and feedback.

Name:

“I’ve learned the camera well—the danger of it, the half-truths it can tell, but also the way it fastens us to our pasts, makes grand the unadorned moment.” - Letters from Storyville, December 1911

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More Plastic, Anyone?


This is my "bag of bags" take two. It's all crocheted in single crochet - I started with a chain stitch of about 80 stitches, and just did that straight for about 12 rows. Then, I started crocheting around the outside of the rectangle, to build up the sides. I did that for a LONG time until it looked as high as I wanted it, and then I just added on the straps by chaining in to the side, doing about eight stitches for another LONG time, and then chaining it in to the bag a couple of inches from where I had started. I even finished off by putting in one of the labels Steve made me. This one turned out a lot better than my past hodge-podge effort, in my opinion!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

This is a beauty -- and I love the tag! Adorable and functional, I think you hit on the perfect method here, sister.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home